- To practice and share our knowledge with our industry
- To achieve higher standards — and quality — through our "best practices”
- To strive to always be better — to not accept “good enough”
- To produce real value for our clients
- To continually advance our production techniques, methods and processes
- To reduce environmental damage and hazards
- To eliminate accidents on jobs
- To contribute to improved quality of life for our employees
Our Core Values
- To economically deliver valuable solutions to our clients through innovation and value engineering
- To advance the art of deep drilling and to educate our clients with regards to what is available and is in their best interests
- To ensure that our clients and employees are taken care of fairly and equitably
- To develop better products for our clients and set higher standards for the engineering community
- To achieve improved safety
- To reduce risk to both the owner and developer
- To assess our client's needs and cost constraints, and to respond appropriately
D.J. Scheffler & Nye, Inc. is a drilling contractor with more than 35 years of experience in foundation, environmental and geotechnical drilling. Built on a foundation of rock solid service, D.J. Scheffler & Nye holds contractors’ and/or specialty licenses in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Hawaii, and Washington. We also offer services in California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Colorado via other Scheffler companies. With a completion rate of over 150 projects per year in both the public and private sectors, D.J. Scheffler & Nye can design and build jobs involving deep foundations, micro-piles, underpinning, earth shoring, tiebacks and rock anchors, retaining walls and slope repair.
Starting work in 1979, D.J. Scheffler Construction initially focused on concrete contracting. In 1985, Owner and President Dale Scheffler saw the need for a drill rig that could install piles on hillsides. Once this specialty hillside rig was designed, built and working, the demand for other drilling, as well as Dale’s expertise, was overwhelming. Dale continued to buy equipment and hire skilled personnel to keep up with the challenges he was facing. This included employing engineers, so that by 1989, D.J. Scheffler, Inc. could design, as well as build, most projects.
Today, D.J. Scheffler & Nye has a sizable inventory of cranes, excavators, tractors, and drill rigs ranging from the Soilmec 930 (one of the largest of its kind in the United States) to the small and versatile, limited-access Davey Kent 525 (3.5’ wide). Recognized as one of the leading drilling contractors, D.J. Scheffler & Nye has a sharp focus on customer service and innovation.
“We can accommodate almost any size job, and we look forward to challenges... D.J. Scheffler & Nye makes the impossible, possible.”
Design and Build
For more than 35 years, D.J. Scheffler & Nye has offered assistance in the design/build process on many jobs, facilitating the most cost-effective approach to complete the project.
The D.J. Scheffler & Nye team has included an established network of professionals in a variety of fields including, but not limited to, geotechnical, structural, civil engineering, field construction and landscape architecture. This network of professionals has greatly expanded our design/build capabilities and allows us to participate in almost any type of project.
D.J. Scheffler & Nye has taken an uncompromising stance on safety. Safety is not only a duty but one of our values. We have gone to great lengths to ensure the safety of our employees while still providing a high quality end result on all of our projects.
We have learned how to balance quality with safety in a way that makes sense to our employees and our clients. It is this resolve that allows D.J. Scheffler & Nye to move forward and gain respect in our industry even in this difficult industrial climate.
D.J. Scheffler & Nye's safety record has gained notoriety in the past several years. In 2008 we received a safety recognition award from State Fund that is only awarded approximately every ten years. This award recognizes programs for their excellence, low occurrence of safety issues, and also recognizes efforts that go “above and beyond” the average safety program.
One way D.J. Scheffler & Nye goes “above and beyond” is by conducting quarterly safety meetings that are company wide. We train and certify all our employees in topics such as CPR/First Aid, Excavation Competent Person, Fall Protection, Forklift/Reach Lift, and Confined Space Entry.
It is our philosophy that our safety program is never finished; it is continually evolving and maturing.
With more than 35 years of service, D.J. Scheffler & Nye has acquired a very long list of clients. Please contact the Pomona office for more information about our references: 909.595.2924
- Association of Drilled Shaft Contracts (ADSC) West Coast Chapter
- The International Association of Foundation Drilling
- Deep Foundations Institute
- Malibu Association of Contractors
- Nevada Contractors Association
- 1979 – 1985: D.J. Scheffler Construction
- 1985 – 1989: Scheffler Drilling and Foundation
- 1989 – 2016: D.J. Scheffler, Inc.
- 2016 – Present: D.J. Scheffler & Nye, Inc.